sábado, 27 de enero de 2007

Death and other funny people

Well, the big story I referred to in previous posts is now officially a very rough draft sitting around 8600 words. That's the longest story I've ever written, and I'm not sure if I'm in control anymore. It's developed its own mind, it's own stink, even. I'm a short story writer. Novels are great, and I plan to write one someday, but to have a treacherous little story start sprouting cancerous growth in plot twists and weird subtexts, really pisses me off. Little buggers, I'll teach you to stab me in the back.

On a lighter note: Estigma de Cain tagged me to write 5 things you don't know about me. Hmm, lemme see.
1. When I was a kid, I used to have short dreams strung one after the other like commercials. The setting changed every ten seconds and you never knew if the next dream you were going to get would be a nightmare. Surprise! Horror!
2. When I'm studying medicine, I imagine the various diseases and organs as having their own personalities and voices. It's the only way to stay interested in this crap after 8 straight hours of memorizing.
3. One of my best friends just had her fist baby today. It's the fist baby to be born in our group of friends and I can already feel the philotes twinning around her. Welcome to the conyugato!
4. The keyboard to my laptop is broken, so I write on an old plug-in keyboard. The battery is also broken which means my computer has as many cables coming out of it as a conventional desktop. Not very portable at all.
5. I like chocolate in anything but ice-cream. Everything includes Mexican mole.
Ok, so now leaf and beth, it's your turn.

My brain is busted today from that story/novel wannabe. Excuse the grammar, spelling, typos, and general lack of sense.