sábado, 13 de enero de 2007

Non-writing related good news

I'm getting published (as a co-author) and it's not in a fiction venue.

Last year when I was in France I worked on a very interesting case (Medicine, guts and all that). My teachers said that it would be difficult to put my name on the paper because there were too many doctors who had participated and I was only a student. Well, turns out they have managed to put me up there as a co-author.

This is so cool. I think I'll get points for this for my internship exam and it'll sure look cool in a CV.

I'm really grateful to these people for giving me the opportunity not only to work with them, but also for giving me all that credit (which, quite frankly, I'm not sure I deserve). Not to mention taking the trouble to track me down after I'd left the country in order to have me send them my full name and signature.

I would have never managed to get my name on a scientific paper in Spain. I'm so glad I made the decision to spend a year in France.

No hay comentarios: