domingo, 23 de septiembre de 2007

Oh no! I think I've paid for a stripper

A friend of a friend contacted me about this girl's birthday. They're organizing a gift for her and they wanted to know if I'd be in for 15euros. The plan was to buy her a mobile phone and a ski jacket (nobody shells out like that for my birthday!) I thought it a bit expensive but agreed. That's when they told me they're also getting her a stripper.

"Un stripper?" I asked, notice the "un" Spanish pronoun denoting "male". As in "a male stripper".

"Yes, he's a very nice guy. A real hunk."

Thank god the little light bulb in my brain turns on before I say something. I repress the urge to giggle.

"You won't tell her, will you?," this girl says. "It has to be a surprise."

I reassure her and hang up. I've just been conned into buying someone a male stripper.

To top it all off, I thought this girl was gay.

No hay comentarios: