lunes, 25 de febrero de 2008

Here, have a secret

I just discovered that Sybil's Garage has put up Six Questions About the Sun, by Brian Conn on their website. I read this story on the paper version of the mag, and it keeps coming back to me, little snippets of crazy jumping me from the shadows as I go about my life. It's a quirky little story, and it's utterly delicious.

An excerpt:
Q
: Should you look directly into the sun?

A: Yes. Everybody should look directly into the sun at least once. It is not necessary to look directly into the sun regularly, because it is possible to remember the experience after looking there only once; but if you ever forget what it is like to look directly into the sun, you should look there again.


One of the reasons I love small mags is because they feel private. The stories in these mags are little jewels, just for you. All over the World, there are maybe a few hundred people who have read this particular story. Small press mags are like special editions or collectors items. Enough of a secret pleasure to bring a mysterious smile to a reader's lips. Of course, now that it's up on the web, the cat's out of the bag with this one, but still, you can go read the story now and remember what it must've felt like to hold the original in your hands.

No hay comentarios: