martes, 18 de marzo de 2008

Meme it!

Many people are aware that long-sightedness (is that the correct term?) hits pretty much everyone once they're over 50, but little people know that the ear is also affected by age in a condition called presbycusis. High frequency sounds are lost first, and sounds that only children and young adults can hear have been put to commercial use, eliciting pesky questions from people concerned about http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7240180.stm">children's Human Rights.

But most important, the mosquito device has created this meme (which I got from Scalzi's blog). How old is your ear? Go ahead and find out.

The mosquito device was made for the likes of you. You are probably begging to make the noise stop!

The highest pitched ultrasonic mosquito ringtone that I can hear is 18.8kHz
Find out which ultrasonic ringtones you can hear!

1 comentario:

Anónimo dijo...

Dear Doctor Genge.
I hereby offer myself as a study subject. I've been told this:

"You are a dog
Or maybe you are a mosquito, you certainly can't be human.
The highest pitched ultrasonic mosquito ringtone that I can hear is 21.1kHz"


It's not like it would be the first time I've been called "dog" -pun intended-, but the sound is definitely there.