miércoles, 19 de marzo de 2008

A More Perfect Union

I just finished listening to Barack Obama's speech "A More Perfect Union". I live in the wrong continent and I don't know much about US politics. I don't know how revolutionary this speech was or whether race has been dealt with before with so little extraneous crap by a US politician of Obama's stature within the past 20 years.

I've done some googling but I'm afraid I can't assess the reactions to this speech without knowing what's being said in the main TV networks and papers. Googling is great, but if you don't have a global picture it's hard to contextualize the snippets of info you can glean from the net.

Basically, I'm asking for a favour: link me to reactions that you think embody the general buzz out there. I'm drowning in extreme opinions, and I want to know what most Americans think about this. Because I really really want Obama to be our next president, and I'd hate to get my hopes up for nothing.

I've embeded the speech in case someone still hasn't seen it.



Man, I wish Spanish politicians spoke like this. It might not improve the scene, but it'd sure make it more interesting to watch.

No hay comentarios: